If your preliminary booking request is retained, you will be notified and prompted to upload a few additional documents through your account before the final approval. This is part of a screening process that is specific to each landlord or property manager who advertises through our platform. Therefore, the documents required may vary from one apartment to another.
Note that the Rental Conditions section located at the bottom of each listing provides additional information about its specific requirements.
As a rule of thumb, the large majority of landlords and property managers require the following:
- Government-issued ID (ie, driver's licence, passport, etc.)
- Proof of occupational status (i.e., enrollment letter, student card, internship contract, employment contract, etc.)
- Proof of income from yourself or the parent supporting you, dated within the last 30 days (i.e., pay stub, bank statement, financial statement, pension stub)
A minority of the landlords or property managers may have stricter requirements and ask for:
- Rental or professional references
- Skype or Zoom interview
- Credit score and criminal background check